This page contains a number of shiny (Chang et al., 2017) interfaces to functions in the R package learnPopGen. learnPopGen is intended for teaching & learning important concepts in population genetics, evolutionary biology, quantitative genetics, statistics, and evolutionary theory.
For now, all web apps are hosted on the shinyapps.io by Rstudio server, although this may change in the future.
If you enjoyed these web interfaces, or if you have constructive criticism, please leave feedback. Constructive criticism will help me improve the learnPopGen package & these apps. Positive feedback will help me to justify their continued development & maintenance.
1. central-limit-theorem: Illustration of the
Central Limit Theorem via simulation. (Interface for
2. coalescent-plot: Simulating & plotting coalescent
genealogies. (Interface for |
3. drift-selection: Simulating simultaneous genetic
drift & natural selection on a biallelic locus. (Interface for
4. founder-event: Simulates changes in allele frequency due to a population bottleneck. (Interface for |
5. freqdep: Numerical analysis of a simple frequency dependent
selection model from Rice (2004). (Interface for
6. hawk-dove: Numerical analysis of a simple hawk-dove game theoretic model. (Interface for |
7. migration-selection-drift: Simulation of migration, selection, and genetic drift at a biallelic locus. (Interface for
8. multilocus-hw: Multi-locus Hardy-Weinberg frequencies
for biallelic loci. (Interface for |
9. phenotype-freq: Visualizing phenotypic trait
distribution for polygenic traits. (Interface for
10. selection: Numerical analysis of selection on a biallelic locus. (Interface for |
All the web applications of this page were made by Liam J. Revell. The contents of this page have been developed with the support of National Science Foundation awards DEB-1350474 and DBI-1759940.